Sugoi Girls

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Konnichiwa minna~! Feel free to browse around the forums! ^^

4 posters

Chiroru - School Days

xoxochiroruchoco
    xoxochiroruchoco

Chiroru - School Days Empty Chiroru - School Days

Post  xoxochiroruchoco Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzS6N5pOQ9w

Please rate and comment on how I can improve!!
    Kappa
    Kappa

Chiroru - School Days Empty Re: Chiroru - School Days

Post  Kappa Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:05 pm

You're flat throughout, and I think if you can learn to tune up your pitching with that in mind, you could be lovely! I'm someone who up until just recently struggled REALLY badly with flatness in my singing, so I know for a fact it's possible to overcome it, and you'll get there :] If you want some pointers on how to improve it, I've gone through a lot of ways to try and deal with it, so I can give you some haha.
    xoxochiroruchoco
    xoxochiroruchoco

Post  xoxochiroruchoco Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:46 pm

yay yeah i've been strugling since my voice can only stay that high... and it doesnt really go any lower ><

thanks kappa Smile
    Kappa
    Kappa

Post  Kappa Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Well, I noticed you're singing out of your nose. It may help you reach the lower notes if you sing naturally, from your diaphragm--or even from your throat. I know my range when I do a nasally voice is totally different from when I sing properly, not to mention if you sing from your chest, you'll likely develop a stronger voice in the long run. :]
    xoxochiroruchoco
    xoxochiroruchoco

Post  xoxochiroruchoco Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 pm

iunno... i notice that i cant sing english songs... its like wayyyy too low and it wont go higher.

the voice i'm using is actually my voice... like no faking.
    according to my vocal teacher its because i'm asian??
    iunno shes asian too so shes like most asians are high pitched...
    Kappa
    Kappa

Post  Kappa Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:03 am

I'm not saying you're faking, but you're singing out of your nose. It's easy to sound higher-pitched when you're not singing from the right place.

I don't think it's an Asian thing, but a lot of idols sing that way, because that's what sells. If you'll notice, even Momoko sometimes slips out of her super nasally voice--in stuff like My Boy, you hear hints of what her real voice is, not just the one that she uses to attract the wota. Singing without being nasal comes from singing out of your diaphragm, and we all have one, Asian or not. XD

This is coming from someone who started out with a REALLY nasally voice, and now has a very deep one since learning how to sing properly. There's nothing -wrong-, per se, with singing from your nose, because that's your voice and thus your decision, but know that you're really limiting yourself that way. If you're unable to hit low notes in a song by Guardians 4, it's probably a good indicator of how much you're limiting your range, because I'm sure you could be totally awesome!
    kohu
    kohu
    Admin

Post  kohu Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 am

Kappa Practically said everything I was gonna say xD Just work on the Energy and Pitching Smile BTW your in this sounds so cute! ^O^
    kohu
    kohu
    Admin

Post  kohu Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 am

Kappa wrote:I'm not saying you're faking, but you're singing out of your nose. It's easy to sound higher-pitched when you're not singing from the right place.

I don't think it's an Asian thing, but a lot of idols sing that way, because that's what sells. If you'll notice, even Momoko sometimes slips out of her super nasally voice--in stuff like My Boy, you hear hints of what her real voice is, not just the one that she uses to attract the wota. Singing without being nasal comes from singing out of your diaphragm, and we all have one, Asian or not. XD

This is coming from someone who started out with a REALLY nasally voice, and now has a very deep one since learning how to sing properly. There's nothing -wrong-, per se, with singing from your nose, because that's your voice and thus your decision, but know that you're really limiting yourself that way. If you're unable to hit low notes in a song by Guardians 4, it's probably a good indicator of how much you're limiting your range, because I'm sure you could be totally awesome!

How'd you ever learn to sing not with your nose? cus ive tried.. and i just cant o.o i really still dont understand how to sing from your diaphragm xD
    0Tomokyo0
    0Tomokyo0

Post  0Tomokyo0 Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:55 am

aww chiroru, this was too cute *__*

you sound a bit like sanaplus XD

kappa gave me a lesson on head voice and chest voice the other night on msn xD she's an awesome teacher yo (:

i have the same problem~ my choir conductor yells at me cause since i sing too many pop, i can't sing the "chorus" way, with the long mouths and high eyebrows XD but i'm working on it xD~

and i used to be an alto, but i stretched my voice in second grade when i wanted to sing a barbie song (: and even now, i try to stretch by voice more by singing meltdown by kagamine rin xD
    Kappa
    Kappa

Post  Kappa Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:08 am

@Kohu: I just started to pay attention to where the sound was coming from when I sang. Basically, if you can feel the sound vibrating in your face when you're singing, you're singing out of your nose. If you can feel it in your throat, chest, etc., you're singing in chest. You've got to get a feeling for it, and once you know what it feels like, you'll also know when to switch between the two and how to do it quickly.

There's a more indepth article here, with exercises:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081015170057AAdHyAr

@Tomokyo: I think you're mixing up head voice with nasal singing. XD Nasal singing is... well, nasally. It's more of a style. Head voice is where you raise up into your head just to reach a note or two that are impossible in chest. Listen to my first solo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1004yddnk&feature=related

At :35 I go into head voice for 'soko ga'. It's not nasally, it's just... in my head. XD There's actually a difference in feeling between singing through your nose and singing in head voice--in head voice, you feel the sound in what you call the 'mask' of the face. In other words, you feel it throughout the front of your face, but not so much in your nose. Nasal singing you do feel in your nose, but nowhere else.

Maybe I'm going to sound crazy saying this, but I can sort of -feel- a singer's voice when I hear it. Like, if someone's singing in deep chest, I can almost feel what it would feel like were I doing the same thing. When someone's singing in their nose or their head, I can imagine the feeling of the sound soaring upwards into my own head/nose. Like i said, it probably sound nuts, but maybe you guys should give a try to 'feeling' other people's singing and trying to hear where the switches are, and imagine how they'd feel to you? It'll be easier to execute them I think if you know how the changes are supposed to feel.

On that duet you might also think about the differences between mine and Palla's voices. She sings out of her nose a little bit, some out of her throat. I sing out of my chest. Try to hear and feel the difference. It's also interesting to note that when she gets to her big belty solo, she drops into chest completely until the last couple of high notes.
    xoxochiroruchoco
    xoxochiroruchoco

Post  xoxochiroruchoco Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:41 pm

0Tomokyo0 wrote:aww chiroru, this was too cute *__*

you sound a bit like sanaplus XD

kappa gave me a lesson on head voice and chest voice the other night on msn xD she's an awesome teacher yo (:

i have the same problem~ my choir conductor yells at me cause since i sing too many pop, i can't sing the "chorus" way, with the long mouths and high eyebrows XD but i'm working on it xD~

and i used to be an alto, but i stretched my voice in second grade when i wanted to sing a barbie song (: and even now, i try to stretch by voice more by singing meltdown by kagamine rin xD

THANKS!
    awes i miss sanaplus Sad

thank you guys i'l try to sing differently !

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:42 am